Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Finding the fix

So I sought out this place. After I moved from my other shell, and I havent had time to be here. Life has been busy and it looks like almost no end in sight until after Christmas.

But for some reason whenever Im just 'uuugh' this is the first place I want to come. I feel like that is the worst thing to do. I don't want to be a giant "ball" of negative energy. I dont want to sit here and be a downer and babble on all my frustrations, but I don't have anything better to do with them. Perhaps a pen and a personal journal would be ideal. Probably.

We're away from home right now. In Reston, VA at my SIL's new home. I love the wall colors. They are me colors. Blue and green. Perfect.

Before coming here we had tons of financial crap thrown at us. Never fails, every season right before Christmas. Andrew's truck had almost $500 of work done to it. Our other vehicle needed an alignment. The tires were wore out unevenly. We took it to discount tire, they were going to take the tires of the wheel and pop them on the other sides, not just rotate them, but switch the way they were on the wheel all together. Well that was fine and dandy, 40 bucks. Except they damaged a tire when they used their pry bar to get it off. It was unusable. On an AWD vehicle. Their solution was to give us 2 new tires....  so wed have 2 new, 2 old, and thats great for a normal car... but not one with AWD, it would have messed up our 2 new ones and just been another mess. So instead of 40 for the remount, we spent $350 on 2 new tires. Then the boat winterization was $100 more than planned, then the storage cost. Add that to my Old Navy splurge that brought my self esteem to new levels.

Its a situation we got ourselves into, and we're gonna get out. Its not that were drowning, but its just really uncomfortable, and now we're out, away from home, travelling, gas and tolls here and there, $, $,$. All on the credit card which I HATE to use, so it will all be sorted out when we get home. *huge sigh*

Things like this don't usually get to me, usually I dont worry much about financial stuff, just because we're good at NOT putting ourselves in these situations. However, still following through with the trip combined with the boat winterization & storage, the 100 plumber bill AND  my Old Navy left no room for when the truck needed its work done,  or the car needed $350 of tires.

And its Christmas.

So the stress is on.

And right at the moment Im wore thin.

Were staying in someone elses house, our stuff is scattered all over, the place if by no means child proof, the kids are too loud, they color on furniture, their markers leave spots on the tables, they talk too much, and Im trying my best to keep them manageable and keep their mess out of everyones way, along with keeping the house in the order its suppose to be in. My husband isn't helpful. I hate my kids getting in trouble for being kids, Im working my ass off to keep that from happening, running after them undoing everything they do, nonstop. Him... not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment