Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The coziest Christmas.

This is the tale I have to tell.

Of the coziest Christmas.


Sitting in my Daddy's kitchen, relaxing in my fleece lounge pants and perfect fit Old Navy tee, I have an african grey perched high upon my shoulder. Hes fluffed and calm, occasionaly nuzzling close to my ear. He is unusually gentle today, and is bursting with love and affection. Most often after the lovies are given out, theres but a drop or 2 if any for me. The complexity of our relationship is quite difficult to word. I think the only creatures that can even understand it are the bird himself and I. Most often he understands more than I do. He sets the speed, he calls the shots. Some days its love, some days its hate. I just have to take what I can get and stay committed. Its hard to not take his bad days personal, especially when its blatantly obvious and he singles me out. These little moments make up for all the bad. For all the sneaky, conniving trickery he often demonstrates.

And right now I get him. The *best* of him.

This morning my oldest daughter woke up in bed next to me exclaiming "Its Morning! Did Santa come? Can I go check?" I opened my eyes for a quick second to confirm that there was indeed light, I yawned and sent her forth to do the checking. As I laid in bed I delighted in the sound of her feet *scampering* down the hallway to the tree. It was silent for a few moments and then the pattering of her little feet came racing back down the hallway. She bursted into the bedroom and with immense excitement went on in great detail about the presents that were all wrapped under the tree. The ones that were not there last night; the ones that were wrapped the same. We got daddy out of bed. We got Grandpa out of bed. We went in the basement to wake up Uncle Josh and Uncle Jordan. She waited patiently for the livingroom couch and chairs to fill in with the entire family. The moment the last person took their seat, it was *rip rip roar!* She was in the middle of her first present and the baby woke up jabbering. Grandpa walked down the hall to get her for us. She entered the room in his arms with squinty eyes and severe bed head. Frizzy curls sticking in every direction, like a child's art depicting rays of sunshine. Little curls, going this way and that.

Santa used extra tough wrapping paper, and an excessive amount of tape. The presents were a challenge, for even the most experienced.

The goodies from the Jolly Elf were:

Nintendo DS in metallic rose (we cant decide if he picked it up somewhere or if the elves make those?)
Nintendo DS case and storage accessories
Constructive Eating plate and pink utensils for both girls
Plush Pigeon for Little C
3 pigeon books Dont Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!


Then there were the gifts exchanged between my dad, brothers and I. We all got great stuff.

My favorite of which was a book called Uncovered. (the details and awesomeness of this book are going to have to be a post in and of itself.)

Breakfast was hodge podge. Eggs and sausage for some, toast and Grandma's jam, a freshly baked raspberry butter braid, and cottage cheese. We popped in kids new movie, How To Train Your Dragon, and relaxed. And napped.

C took a bath and got dressed, the rest of us are still in the jammies we woke up in.
We went nowhere.
I stayed inside, in the warm and cozy, cuddled up and hanging out with the ones I love, watching the snow fall outside.

Right now Im enjoying the view. Looking out the picture window, the yard is completely snow covered, and deep too! Little flakes are falling from the sky in little whirls, kind of twirling about before landing. The glow of the Christmas tree is in the reflection of the glass and today feels like home.

Merry Christmas~

No comments:

Post a Comment