Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gonna talk myself into it.

Christmas tonight with my Mama. :) She cooked us a delicious holiday feast. Ham, potatoes, you know. We exchanged gifts and had a really nice time, the kids played really well together. (My daughters and my 11 year old brother)

Tomorrow we will be with Andrew's sister most of the day and then do the noon meal with his dad, and evening meal with his mom.

Thursday its off to Minnesnowda. So, in the middle of tomorrows festivities I will need to be doing laundry and major packing. We've got all the gifts that need to go in already. So its just the usual, which at this time of year includes all of our winter gear. Hats. Gloves. Boots. Jackets. Scarves. Snowpants. These things always take up an unfair amount of space. *grumble*

Its going to be a minivan around the corner. Im not sure how long we can put it off really. We're guaranteed these road trips for the rest of our lives. We already travel with 2 kids and a bird. Add a third child if & when, and its game over SUV. Pretty sad actually.  Unless the SUV worked around town and wherever else and then we just rented a van for each trip. (totally a pain and very unlikely that we'd do that) Who knows.

Thats not us. Not today. So I shall stop wasting my mind on such foolish silly things. And really, who said a minivan was the end of the world? Oh wait, that was me that said that.

But really, by the time it comes, I'll be near 30, married with 3 kids. Going on trips, going camping, engaging in incredible family adventures all over the map. Im not the freak early 20's parent who ran out and bought the van because they found out they were pregnant. So I guess in that aspect, the van is acceptible. Warranted. Even expected.

Look, if I keep on, Im going to have myself talked into this in no time. Then the only question would be which kind of van? Because I really like the Hondas. And the Nissans, and even the Town and Countrys that are the more square body style. Perfect for all the places we would go. A table in the backseat. Kids can sit face to face while we cruising to who knows where. Assuming all of our luggage would fit elsewhere.

Packing the SUV tomorrow is going to be interesting. It always is. But so worth it. I am ready to go.

1 comment: