Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Everything we ever wanted.

Christmas joy.

So my girls are 5 and and a year and a half. My oldest daughter is getting everything, and I mean everything she asked for. (plus some) Im so excited for her, but then I felt a tinge of guilt. Because seriously, she has everything she ever wanted. Her life is a perfect little fairy tale (Aside from when we fight and I scream and yell over her refusal to eat things in any shade of green)

Really, whatever she asks for, she gets. Shes spoiled. Really, shes just a very good girl. And she might be spoiled, but shes not "spoiled." Shes very lucky, and very fortunate and she knows this. Shes a good kid, a good person, shes very thankful. Shes not a little brat. And really, she gets told "no." She hears "no" alot, but I try to say "yes" whenever I can. Thats my goal.

I can't wait for Christmas, until she gets the rest of her stuff, until Santa comes. Hes bringing her the "big" present. He'll get all the bonus points for now, but years down the road she will look back and smile with appreciation. I know she will.

And whats a life with everything you ever wanted? Boring? Miserable? Not all you wanted? I thought about it when I was thinking about her and this Christmas, and her future, and then I was able to turn it.

To me.

To having everything I ever wanted.
And wanting nothing more.

I mean, sure there are those silly things, theres always something I could buy... but that isn't the point.

The point is:

I have everything I want, and everything I've ever wanted. Like of the things in life that actually matter.

People matter.

I have the hardest working, and most dedicated husband. Who by the way is a magnificent father. I could go on and on about him. He seriously is awesome. He worked hard and was blessed with a wonderful job. He supports us. He supports me. He supports our girls. He supports his family. He enables what we do here. He supports this "stay at home-mom" plan we have, in his mind, emotionally and financially.

He stands tall and strong, so that everything that happens here CAN happen here.

And hes mine.

Our children. Our children are amazing. Theyre growing and blossoming into really secure, sweet people. Theyre very adventurous. I get compliments all the time on how "go with the flow" they are. How C is such a "good baby" I can take them anywhere and do anything with them. And I do! I take them everywhere! Always!

And they're mine.

We're alive, we're healthy, we're well. We're financially sound, we have a cozy little house, surrounded in green grass, with a fenced in backyard.

We have each other. And together we are strong. Not just 2 of us, not just 3 of us, but all 4 of us. Each one, with all the other 3 parts. Equally.

This is all I've ever wanted.

And it's mine......

I've realized this before. I know I've thought it before...

but each time I do -- its just "wOw all over again."

2 comments:

  1. AAww how sweet! It's nice to remember how "Blessed" we are ! You have a beautiful family, you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to come here and read. You are one of the most thoughtful people I know and I swear it turns my bad days around just by reading about how thankful and lucky you are. It's refreshing this time of year especially, since it's all about the "I wants" these days. Thanks for being such an amazing person and understanding and appriciating your life. And trying to instill that in your children. You.are.wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete