Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

And the ergo is mine!

Wrapping up another weekend.

It was very nice. Hubby and I got to go out last night without kiddos. It was much needed, completely overdue, and much appreciated. Seriously. It was literally the 3rd time this calendar year... and one of the times we got called home early because the little one was screaming. So yeah. I say this, not because Im cranky about it, not because Im proud of it, but just to emphasize how this was suuuuch a novelty.

He and I, we don't get to be "us" like that very often.

Friday afternoon my oldest daughter got new carpet in her room!! :) As you can imagine the house was tore up. All of the contents of her bedroom were all over the livingroom. It was chaos. I was determined to have it back to perfect before bed that night. So after the carpet was done, I went out and splurged...

I broke down and got the highly praised Ergo.

I chose the seagreen/silver one. And I am in LOVE! Its part of their organic collection, the material is so soft. I tried on a standard one, a performance one and then this one. Just touching it to my skin I was sold.

Ive been a huge babywearer. I have a couple different ring slings Ive used, I love the moby wrap, but this one is amazing. I still will use the moby from time to time I think. Its phenomenal. Its harder now that C is so big though. I get achy after using it for extended periods of time. It was never an issue before, but her growth and added weight has made it more difficult for us.

Since summer I have not been wearing her nearly as much. First there was the moby inconveniences mentioned about, but also she learned to walk, so it was more exploration time than pouch time.  Anyhow I wanted it NOW so that I could keep charging forward in getting the newly carpeted room back in order. It was a lot easier being able to "hold" her the entire time I was getting stuff done.

Over the past couple weeks I have been talking to my chiropractor about the baby-wearing options. (Im in there 2 times a week) This was what he concluded, and I see why! For me and for her.

This has been probably the highlight of the weekend, besides my Saturday night out on the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment