Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Enchantment of Everyday Life.

She opens her eyes each morning, with a scowl on her face.
She winces away as I flick the switch and the light pops on.
Moaning and groaning, she turns to face the wall, burying her face against her fluffy hot pink comforter.
After making the presence of morning known, I creep out without ever saying a word.


Mornings are not her forte'. She gets that from me.

She is eager to play, she loves to dance.
She opens her closet and chooses what shes going to put on.

Frilly skirt. Check. Leggings check. Legwarmers? Sure. A tutu? It can work.
All of it.
Decked out. In the fanciest things. From her ruby red slippers to the crown atop her head.
She prances around, a bounce in her step and an awful high pitched song comes flowing from her mouth.
On the average day she is much like Phoebe from the show Friends.
Singing songs that make your ears ring, with lyrics much like those of "Smelly Cat"
I can hear it in my head everytime she makes up a song "Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, what are they feeding you? Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, its not your fault!"


She jams on her guitar like its no ones business. (Lucky for me, those cheap strings never hold a tune)
Shes never bothered. She owns it. Shes proud. It makes my heart swell.


She can squeal a recorder better than anyone I've ever met. (she might get that from me too)
And pounding keys on the keyboard? Its as if she were hastily slapping finger paint around on a blank sheet of paper.


Everyday.
Decked out from crown to ruby reds, her wand is in hand.


Always at the ready.


Ready to cast magic, the same magic she casts everyday.
The magic she has casted on this house, on our family, on my heart.


This is the enchantment of everyday life.






1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog!! I'll follow you here!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete